We are continuing to monitor the COVID-19 situation and continuously evaluating and adapting our policies based on guidance from DPH, the CDC, Leading Age as well as other credible resources. It is an ever changing landscape and one that we are taking very seriously.
We are taking extra precautions at The Fitch and educating our staff and residents on the important factors to keep them all safe (standard precautions): 6 feet Social Distancing, covering coughs and sneezes with your elbow, notify anyone if you feel sick and practice frequent hand washing and wearing masks.
The health and well-being of residents and staff is on the forefront of our minds and we are implementing the following to maintain their safety:
- We are restricting all new residents from moving in until at least 05/07/2020.(subject to change)
- We are encouraging window visits with family members as well as virtual face-to-face visits via FaceTime which brings big smiles to everyone’s faces.
- We have suspended all VNA visits (OT, PT) at this time as the risk of exposure is greater. Dr. visits are not occurring unless absolutely necessary.
- Non communal dining — we are having residents eat in their rooms to reduce interactions and close contact encounters
The following protocols remain in effect:
- Vendors delivering packages or supplies at the front entrance must leave items for community staff to deliver to destinations within the building. All packages will be disinfected;
- Mail and package delivery is being delayed one day so it can sit for 24 hours;
- When residents return to The Fitch following a hospital stay, we will request negative test results for COVID-19 or a note from their physician stating they are infection-free and don’t pose a risk to other residents; otherwise they will be subject to a 14-day quarantine or until they can be cleared by their physician;
- We are taking temperatures daily of our staff prior to the start of shift. We are also taking temperatures of residents daily;
- We have eliminated all excursions to public outings for the residents
- All community events in which external visitors were expected have been cancelled or postponed;
- Frequently disinfecting high-touch areas like doorknobs, elevator buttons, faucets and handrails;
- Increased cleaning of high-traffic common areas such as the Dining Room and resident Courtyard Room;
- We are continuing to try to actively engage residents given the restrictions with social distancing. Room visits, snack cart visits, room activities, singing songs and walking outdoors are some ways that we continue to keep everyone engaged.
This is an incredibly challenging time to be away from your loved ones. Please know that we are giving them all extra love and strongly encourage you to continue to reach out to them via phone, FaceTime or window visits.
Please stay healthy and contact Maria Haggerty with any questions or concerns,
The Fitch — Senior Living